Chiropractic Treatment for Hand and Wrist Pain
Hand and wrist pain can vary from a mild annoyance to severe pain. They both perform very complex functions and movements, in addition to withstanding today's hyperactive tech/smartphone culture.
Treatment begins with a physical examination where the doctor will address your symptoms and pursue treating the root cause of your pain.
5 Common Causes of Hand and Wrist Pain
1. Overuse/Strain: Inflammation and compression of tissues and nerves in the hand/wrist area can be caused by repetition of grabbing, gripping, twisting, etc.
2. Sprain: Although it could seem to be a minor injury, its a responsible idea to have a sprain examined to avoid serious or permanent damage to the hand or wrist.
3. Arthritis: Hand and wrist pain as been known to be associated with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. The Arthritis Foundation finds that more than 50 million adults and 300,000 children suffer from some type of arthritis.
4. Pronator Syndrome: When the median nerve of the arm becomes compressed between the muscles of the forearm, it causes a peripheral entrapment neuropathy. This is often mistaken by Carpal Tunnel Syndrome where compression takes place closer to the wrist than the elbow.
5. Dorsal Impaction Syndrome: For those who engage in physical labor or activities such as weightlifting and athletics, hyperextension is common and can lead to hand and wrist pain.
If you are experiencing pain, don't be in discomfort for another day. Make an appointment by contacting us directly at 310-880-1695 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our website www.elitechirodoc.com and check us out of Yelp with the highest ratings as the Best Chiropractor in Beverly Hills.